Switching Courses and Becky's on the Radio!!

My day on Thursday began with an Oceans lecture at 12. We had all ate and drank far too much the night before and were feeling a little fragile!! However I still managed to drag myself into uni, I'm getting good at functioning with a hangover!

The lecture was on the continuity equation, which is based on the idea that the ocean is virtually incompressible so water and salt that go in to an ocean basin must be equal that going out. Interesting stuff.

We then had a short break, but were back in our lab session at 2, which was in the bio lab, meaning we all had to wear lab costs even though we weren't doing any practical science. I quite enjoyed this session, we were completing a problem sheet and although some of the questions were fairly challenging, Elin, Katie and I teamed up and were first to finish!

On my way back from the lab I headed over to see my advisor in his office hours. I've recently been offered the opportunity to switch from my course (Met + Oceans Bsc) to an Msci or a degree with a year in industry, so I wanted to get his opinion on it. I don't know whether it's better to do a three year course and get out there and get a job as soon as I can, or whether doing a year in industry would make me more employable, so getting a job would be easier. After talking with him I still don't know what to do as its such a big decision that'll require a lot of thought.

After chatting with my advisor I then headed home. I had loads I wanted to do that evening so cooked dinner and got straight to work. Becky headed off around half 6 into uni to go and prepare for her first show on the UEA radio, Livewire. I'm so proud of her for getting this opportunity, she really knows her stuff and she worked really hard to get there. Her show began at 7.30 and I was so excited!! I felt so proud to hear her on the radio!! Her show is called Nashville to Norwich, as its a country show, and she co-hosts with another lovely girl called Caitlin. It was so amazing to hear everything she had to say as she's really knowledgeable about country music. She has a very good radio voice and made me laugh out loud!!

Listening to Becky on the radio, with a jar of nutella by my side, I actually managed to get a lot done that evening. Sorry these blog posts are a little late, but I've been very busy, as I'm sure you'll find out in my next few posts! Thanks so much for reading guys!!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Worst Lecture Ever!