A Really Shitty Day

I had an early start yesterday and was into uni by 10. I was 10 minutes early outside the lecture theatre and feeling very pleased with myself as I'm never early, and then I realised I was in the wrong place, and the right place was the other side of campus. Great job Zoë.  However I still managed to get there just before it started and got stuck into it straight away. It was maths again and we were looking at Stokes' Theorem. Interesting stuff.

After the lecture I headed home as I had loads to do. I'm in the process of applying for several summer placements and also looking into internships. Its all really stressful stuff for me, as it really means a lot and I want this placement more than ANYTHING. I also had loads of work that needed doing and I have a big summative essay looming ever closer. I also STILL trying to sort out all of the bills for the house and it's been ridiculous. Literally nothing goes my way, all the people that I speak to seem to fuck things up even more.

When things start to get on top of me like this I feel like I shut myself in and don't want to talk to people (Except Mum, Dad and Tom, who hear EVERYTHING!) in case they think I'm being a drama queen, I don't know, it's not the best coping mechanism.

At 4.30 I headed back into uni for a meeting about climbing Kilimanjaro with Dig Deep. There was only three people that turned up! However it was still really good and super interesting. I really really want to do it but think it might clash with my summer placement, so I've got some really difficult decisions to make.

After the meeting I headed home to get some dinner and hopefully get some things done. We had a house meeting and it was a little tense, people said some things that, in my stressed out condition, just tipped me over the edge. It can feel a bit like everyones ganging up on you, but I think it was just my stressed head and I've got to keep reminding myself that they're my friends. Overall it was not the best evening, probably the worst I've had here so far. But you learn from things like this and hopefully it won't happen again.

Here's to a better day tomorrow!!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Lecture Ever!

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!