Champagne and Canapés at a Yacht Launch!

On Saturday morning I woke up very warm and cosy in my own bed and with a monster hangover! I get hungover very easily so this wasn't unusual for me but I still felt awful! It was so nice to have my family around me, looking after me, and nothing cheers me up like a cuddle from the doggies! At breakfast time I still didn't want to eat, however my Dad swears by having a bacon sandwich to cure a hangover, so made me one, and it worked!!

After breakfast I chilled in the kitchen with Mumma, helping her make dinner, which was Moussaka, and seeing as Max, my brother, is vegetarian we had to make a separate lentil one for him. It was lovely just to relax and cook with my Mum like we always do.

At around 1ish we all had lunch together which is always fab at home, because Mum and Dad have lots of cheese! I'm a big fan of cheese and nice cheese is something I really miss when I'm at uni!

After lunch I had a nice warm shower and began getting ready as we were meant to be leaving at 3 for Dad's work party. My Dad has an awesome job project managing yachts and some of his clients were having a launch party for the yacht he managed for them. Launch parties are taken very seriously and there are loads of rituals you have to go through to give your boat luck.

We arrived at the yacht at 4 and were given champagne and canapés, how perfect!!! It's lovely to see all the hard work that my Dad puts in has paid off and he's created something beautiful! It was fascinating watching the ceremony for the boat. The idea is that you pour champagne into the sea as a gift for the Gods of the wind so they are kind to you, and then you smash a bottle of champagne on the bow of the boat for Poseidon, the God of the sea.  It was an awesome ceremony to watch!


After the rituals we headed back on board for more canapés and for me and my Mum to get to know Dad's clients. Everybody there was so nice and it was lovely to chat to them all, we felt so welcome. I also got to use the built-in weather system they had on the yacht, and it was awesome! At 7ish we headed back, with Mum fairly tipsy!!

When we arrived home, Max had put dinner in the oven so it was all ready! Moussaka is one of my favourite meals and Mumma makes it perfectly! We then had Daim bar ice cream for dessert (seriously the best ice cream in the world, try it!) and sat on the sofa watching rubbish on TV with the dogs cuddled up with us!

On Sunday morning we all slept in and this morning Mum was the hungover one! However she copes with it much better than I do! We went on a walk with the doggies which was lovely and then Mum and I set to preparing the ingredients to make Christmas cake! We follow a very traditional recipe, whereby you make the cake two-ish months before Christmas, and then pour brandy into it every week, so by the time you eat it it's very boozy! For the cake we had to pick through huge amounts of raisins, sultanas and currants, looking for stalks. Its such a long process and gets your hands very sticky! Then we pour brandy over the fruit and leave it to soak! I think I'll be back later in the week to finish making the cake.

My bus was scheduled to leave at 5 so I packed up all my stuff and Mumma drove me to the bus stop. It's not a long bus, so I was back in the city before I knew it! I headed straight home to an empty house, which was a bit scary! I kept thinking there were other people in there! Rosie and Abi also arrived back this evening and we all just chilled.

It was so lovely spending a weekend at home, especially since I hadn't been back in a month. My family are the best and I absolutely adore seeing my dogs! Thanks so much for reading guys!

Zoë x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Lecture Ever!

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!