The Perfect Weekend

On Saturday Tom and I slept in and it was fab! I never normally let myself sleep in because I like to wake up early and get things done but it was lovely! We got up at about 11(!) and nipped out to the cute little bakery at the end of my road to get some breakfast! I'd never actually been in before and it was incredible! It doesn't look much from the outside but it was full of the most delicious looking pastries and cakes! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture, I'm literally kicking myself. I had a lovely raspberry danish and Tom had a sausage baguette and a chocolate orange cupcake, they were so good! I can't wait to go back!

After our lil breakfast we got ready for the day and then put Friends on while I did some maths work for my seminar on Monday. We were planning on going outside for a walk in the park nearby, but it was raining so we stayed in! It wasn't long before we were eating again, and we had half the pizza Glen made us and watched Cool Runnings, which Tom had bought me. The pizza was INCREDIBLE and I loved Cool Runnings. I'd never seen it before and it instantly made it into my faves. I love a good inspirational film like that.


After the film and a bit more TV, we began to get ready to go out for dinner (Yes, I know, food again!). We had booked a table at a Thai restaurant in Norwich called The House. We hadn't had Thai in ages and I had some vouchers from freshers fair, so we were very excited! It was about a 20 minute walk from my house to the restaurant and despite it being so chilly outside, we were boiling by the time we got there, so we ordered a couple of cold beers!! I'd never tried Chang (a Thai lager) before and it was really nice and light. The menu sounded amazing and it was very hard to choose, but we settled for a Taster platter to start, then I had a Panang prawn curry, and Tom had Drunken Duck. I had the most incredible sticky rice too! All the food was absolutely incredible! The starter plate was amazing, we had Thai fish cakes, Chicken Satay and Prawn Toasts to name a few, and they were all on point. The Panang curry was gorgeous, it was similar to a red curry but a little milder and creamier. Tom really enjoyed his Drunken Duck, and made a very good dent in the huge portion ;)






Then for dessert Tom had an orange sorbet and I had Banana ball fritters with ice cream, which is apparently a traditional Thai dessert. Both were amazing. I couldn't fault the meal at all, the food was spot on and the staff were so so lovely. I will definitely be back!!



The following day we woke a little earlier and Tom ran off to the shop to get some bacon so we could have a nice bacon sandwich for breakfast, isn't he fab??! He also bought us some more bakery treats! We then got ready to go into Norwich for a little bit of shopping. We went all around some of the big department stores looking at the Christmas departments, which was magical. I also bought a cute little purple toaster for the house!

After a while we headed back to mine so Tom could pack. We chilled out for a bit, and watched Chicken Run, which was another first for me and I absolutely loved it! After the film we had the other half of the pizza for dinner, feat. curly fries and mushy peas!

At 6 we had to leave for the station so Tom could catch his train. I was feeling very sad, I hate it when he has to leave as he just makes me so happy and relaxed. He got on the train at quarter to 7 and I'm not even ashamed to admit I cried like a baby! It'll be 3 weeks until I see him again, and it always feels like years. I got home feeling very sorry for myself and sat down to do some uni work to take my mind off things.

I truly had a fabulous weekend. I absolutely adore spending time with Tom, he makes me laugh more than anyone else and is my very best friend (Apart from you, Mum ;) ). Thanks everyone for reading, hope you enjoy this particularly foodie post, and thank you Tom, for the perfect weekend.

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!