Smashbox Studio Best Sellers

A couple of weeks ago I popped into Boots on a student shopping night and fell in love. With makeup obvs. They had a special deal going where you could get the Smashbox Light It Up Studio Best Sellers Kit for £30, and a 10% student discount on top of it! I'm a massive fan of Smashbox, I love their photo finish primer and my first ever eyeshadow palette was the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, which I have absolutely loved. 


I was immediately hooked by this offer, as it contained 3 full size products, making it really good value, a top-up of my Smashbox primer, which I was running low on, and the most gorgeous looking highlighter! 

The gift set itself contains a full size Full Exposure Mascara, Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner and Be Legendary Lipstick in Get Fired (an gorgeous vivid red). Then you get a half-size Finish Foundation Primer and a mini L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Colour in Hollywood & Highlight. I think that's a pretty good deal!



I was lucky enough to have built up enough Boots Advantage Card points in the last year and a half to use them and not have to pay a penny! It had taken me ages to find something I was prepared to part with my points for, so I'm glad I finally took the plunge!

Seeing as I've had these for I while now I've had the chance to really put them to the test. I've always loved Photo Finish Primer, it's perfect for my skin type, which can be a little oily, and when I use it I really notice the difference in the way my foundation applies and lasts throughout the day. I would recommend it as the holy grail primer for anyone with oily skin!

Now I'm quite fussy about mascara, and hadn't tried this one before so I was a bit nervous. It's got a straight wand which I wouldn't normally go for and is quite big. However I still think it makes my lashes look lovely. I don't like it as much as my normal mascaras with curvy wands, but it does a decent job. The one thing I would say is my eyes have been feeling quite dry after using this for awhile, but perhaps that could be due to the colder weather, so who knows!

I LOVE the kohl eyeliner, and it truly lives up to its waterproof name, it absolutely does not budge! I use this in my upper waterline every day, and also use it when doing my winged eyeliner. I draw the wing on using a liquid eyeliner in order to get that sharp flick, and then fill the rest in with the kohl pencil, which is super black and long lasting.

On to the highlighter! I expected great things from this, I love the packaging, and when I swatched it on my hand it was gorgeous. However I don't use it particularly often because I find the cream formula quite hard to work into my normal makeup routine. I think its just me being lazy!! When I have used it, it is really pretty. The glow is the perfect gold-tone that I normally go for and looks beautiful on. I feel like it doesn't last as long throughout the day as my normal highlight (Mary-Lou Manizer) does, but maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance!



And finally, my favourite of them all, the lipstick. This shade is BEAUTIFUL. Its one of those 'I feel like a million-dollars' shades that makes your teeth look white and gives you that Taylor Swift vibe. I am so in love with it! The formula is GORGEOUS, it is so creamy, moisturizing and incredibly long-lasting. I will definitely be checking out the rest of the Smashbox lipstick range, and I would urge you to as well!



So there we have it, that was everything that was in the kit. It's still available to get in Boots and would make a fab Christmas present for any beauty lover! I hope you've enjoyed my little review/found it helpful. Thanks for reading! :)

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!