I'm Gonna Do It!

Yesterday I woke up feeling much more positive, like I could turn over a new leaf of sorts. I woke up fairly early and got things done in the morning before I headed off to uni, including eating as much fruit as possible to try and ward off the dreaded freshers flu! I arrived into uni just before 12 and headed to Meteorology. We have just started learning about lapse rate and what makes an atmosphere stable or unstable. Pretty cool stuff.

At 1 we had an hour for lunch where we all just chilled in the ENV social space, which is like our common room. Our lab began at 2, so we headed upstairs, settled down and began another question sheet. It was all about potential temperature, lapse rate and learning to read tephigrams. It wasn't too challenging so I sat with Elin and chatted about taking a year out in industry and applying for our summer placements. I think I've decided to go for the year in industry. It would give me a chance to broaden my horizons a bit, while earning some serious cash! The industry is so competitive I really need to get every edge that I possibly can, and I think an internship will give me that. It also means I could live anywhere next year, perhaps even move in with Tom! Now I actually have to finalise everything, go through the process of switching degrees and find some internships!

After our lab session we had an hour to kill, and it's become a habit of ours to go and sit in the library on the comfy sofas. I love all the people from my course, it's so nice just to sit and have a chat. At 5 we headed to our final lecture of the day, a maths Fluid Dynamics lecture. I actually don't mind these as much as I used to. The pace and content is a bit easier now, and I can follow everything the lecture goes through. Yesterday we covered a bit of buoyancy and flow characteristics, which I found pretty interesting.

At 6, when the lecture had finished, I headed home, and it was dark outside!!! Crazy, huh?? I felt like cooking this evening, so I defrosted some pastry and made a mushroom pie, just like Mumma makes (except not as good!). After dinner I did a bit of work and read my book. I'm really enjoying getting back into reading at the moment as it really relaxes me and gives me something else to think about. I'm glad today was a better day, I feel much more fresh and a bit less stressed, roll on the rest of the week!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Worst Lecture Ever!