Spending All My Money After a Looong Day!

Yesterday was my day of Oceanography, and I meant to be in uni 12-5, ugh I so didn't want to get up that morning!! I got up super early to try and get things done before I headed into uni. I did some very boring adult things like paying bills, ew. Even though I had got up so early I still managed to be rushed and late into uni, how Zoë how??

The Oceanography lecture at 12 was a bit dry to be honest. We were shown lots of pictures of different oceanographical instruments and learnt about how each worked and why we used them. I think it would've been better if we'd gone straight into practical work.

I had an hour lunch break between classes, so went along to the pop-up bakery in the SU building. They have SO many lovely things there! I had a veggie sausage roll, which was filled with spinach and feta, it was so good, and only £2!

After lunch we had a lab session that was projected to last until 5! It involved going to the UEA lake and dangling instruments off a bridge in the river nearby.  It was super cold but such fun!! I took a couple of pictures so you could see what we got up to!



As it was so cold and a bit drizzly, we went inside at 3, had a quick look at some of the UEA Sea Gliders, which are awesome, and then we got to go home! Hooray! Almost 2 hours earlier than I'd thought we would!

I was so glad we got to leave early as I wanted to get into the city as soon as possible. There was a student shopping night on at the mall in Norwich and we wanted to get there early and nab all the freebies!

After riding a super cramped bus to the city centre, Rosie and I managed to find Elin and we set off to Boots, our first port of call. Barely a couple of footsteps into the shop and we were greeted by a lovely lady who told us all about the offers they had on this evening. Now I'm a sucker for a deal, so she was able to real me in pretty easily, resulting in me walking out with a beautiful Smashbox set! I was even able to use my points to get it which is even better. The kit itself is so beautiful, I will be posting pictures of it as soon as I can!

We next headed to H&M, which had 20% student discount and was PACKED! I bought 3 tops in there and I'm so happy with all of them, I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of them. The first was a blue plaid shirt, the second, a black lace-up top an the last, a basic stripey t-shirt that was lovely and soft!

In the end, we didn't manage to get many freebies, but it was still worth going for the discounts and it was a super fun evening! I really enjoyed spending time with Rosie and Elin, as they are two of the loveliest people ever!

It's Friday as I'm writing this and Tom is coming to stay this weekend! He's arriving in under an hour and I'm so excited! I'll try and keep up with these posts but if I fall behind, you can blame him! Thanks for reading, hope you're enjoying my mundane life stories!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Finished my degree!