A Busy Day, a Small Breakdown & a Bit of Relaxation

Yesterday was a pretty full on and very crazy kinda day. I was in uni from 12-6! WHAT. Maths til 6??? How unfair is that? The day started with a Meteorology lecture at 12, which, to be quite honest was a bit boring, and was the first lecture I haven't really been captivated by. Sad times. It was on weather coding, which is basically how weather observations and measurements are turned into data which can then be manipulated and interpreted in a different way. Sounds interesting, but a whole lecture on it is a little dull.

However, after lunch we headed to our lab session, in which we used the code to create a weather map of the UK, featuring temperature, wind speed & direction and pressure gradients. It was much more fun to learn about the coding in a more practical, hands-on way and it helped me to understand it much better than just listening to someone talk about it.

At 5 we headed to our last lecture of the day which was Maths. It was with a new lecturer and the topic was Fluid Dynamics. The lecture was really just an intro on what we would be covering during the semester but it sounded pretty interesting and I really liked the lecturer.

After the lecture I headed home feeling pretty stressed out. I was super tired and had a massive headache. I felt like things were really starting to pile up and my list of jobs was getting ever longer. When I got home I pretty much bawled my eyes out on the phone to Tom, who always handles me very well and is absolutely my rock when I'm going through stressed periods. My Mum also text me to tell me my whole family was coming up to Norwich to go skiing, and asked if I wanted to join. I couldn't think of a better way to destress. I always think doing some exercise is a life saver when you're feeling a bit crazy, and seeing my family always helps too, as I've been missing them like crazy!

They picked me up from the end of my road and we all headed to the dry ski slope on the outskirts of Norwich. It was a beautiful chilly evening and the views of Norwich all lit up were gorgeous. I find skiing SO relaxing and it was really lovely to get back into it and spend some down time with the fam. Next time I feel like the whole world is on my shoulders, I'll pack my bags and head straight to the slopes!

It was also my gorgeous housemate, Abi's birthday today and although I didn't see her for much of it, I hope she had the wonderful day she deserves!

Until next time guys, thanks for reading!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Finished my degree!