Essay Writing and Christmas Films!

On Saturday I got up fairly early to make the most out of my day. In the morning I did a lot of work towards my placement application. I don't know if theres such a thing as putting too much effort in, but it feels like I'm probably doing that!! At this point I'm about halfway through the application.

After a quick toastie for lunch I then started working on my essay for Ocean Circulation. The topic I've chosen is Wyrtki jets, which are eastward flowing currents in the Indian Ocean and they're pretty interesting. My main worry with this essay is that I won't find enough to say about them without the whole essay just being references to other peoples work.

I got bored of essay research fairly quickly and moved onto something far more exciting... Christmas shopping! Giving gifts is 100% my favourite part of Christmas and I want to be super organised this year!

At around 6ish I started preparing dinner. Elin was coming over and I was making my special chow mein, which is one of my favourite things to cook as it basically involves spiralizing EVERYTHING! I actually managed to make a spiralized strand of courgette that was longer than I am tall!!

We sat and ate our chow mein in front of the TV, and once we had finished we put a film on. Now some might say it's too early, but I disagree. Ladies and Gentlemen, on Saturday evening, we watched a CHRISTMAS FILM! We watched Nativity which is one of my absolute favourites, I just love the songs!!! Elin and I ate a whole packet of grapes between us, and then I ate far too much Nutella (story of my life).

When the film had ended, Elin, Becky, Abi and I all sat around chatting and watching nostalgic videos on YouTube, from Salad Fingers to Lonely Island, it was such a laugh! We were all having such a lovely time that we didn't realise how late it had gotten, and finally got to bed at around 2am!

On Sunday I woke up a bit later, but somehow managed to get more done with my day! I put on loads of washing, had a spider incident in our creepy garden outside, and managed to get loads done. I still haven't actually written a word of my essay yet, but I think I might have nearly finsihed the research!!

In the afternoon I painted my nails. I haven't done nail art since before the summer holidays, so I had a fab time! I went for Vampire nails for Halloween, and filmed a tutorial of it, which will hopefully be up on my channel sometime soon!

Once I'd done my nails we all chilled out downstairs. Abi cooked us some fajitas and we all sat round our little table, eating and watching Twilight on TV which was such a laugh!!


After dinner we put on The Little Mermaid and had a great time singing along to it. I managed to get to bed at a fairly reasonable hour, as I had a 9am to wake up for on Monday. Thanks for reading guys, hope you've enjoyed my average weekend!

Zoë x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Lecture Ever!

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!