Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!

Hey everyone! Goodness me it's been a while! It's that time of year where revision really starts to spoil things!! Sadly, it leaves me very little time to make my weather forecast videos, so I'm gonna have to put them on hold until my exams are over in June.

Aside from revision, I've managed to fit in some pretty awesome things over the last few weeks! Firstly, I have to show you this awesome sunset from the other week! Such vibrant colours! It's things like this that I love most about the weather.


Last Friday I got to have a play around with the green screen at work, as we're developing an exciting new product for our customers! We had such a laugh! It was great to have a proper go and I think I'm definitely getting better. At least it's not painful to watch anymore!!




I love working with such an awesome group of people!!

Last weekend we celebrated my parents silver wedding anniversary and I made them a cake to celebrate their 25 years of marriage. It was a fab day and I loved pointing out the v cool clouds to all my family and friends! Definitely got a few eye rolls!



On Monday I was back to uni after a month off, sigh. Some pretty cool clouds took my mind off it, despite it being desperately cold. I'm gonna miss this view when I graduate!!


On Tuesday we had our last ever field trip!!! Reluctantly, we loaded ourselves onto the bus in a cloudy Norwich, but by the time we got to the coast it was gloriously sunny! 



I've definitely been enjoying this showery weather over the last week. We've had some incredible hail storms but sadly no thunder... yet.


Finally, I got to celebrate Jim Bacon's career at his retirement party yesterday. It was a fab day and such a privilege to make his cake. It was a lot of work and a very stressful car journey but definitely worth it! Elin came over to help me out and provide emotional support on Saturday and I couldn't have done it without her! 



Jim has had such an incredible career and is a real inspiration to me. I can only hope to have such an exciting career myself. Check out the photo below, and it's recreation in icing below that! Credit goes to Dan for finding that fabulous photo and turning it into a brilliant graphic for me to put on top of the cake.



Here's the last photo I want to share with you, a group photo of Weatherquest employees, past and present! It's missing a few people but still so lovely to see everyone together.


It's my last ever lecture tomorrow! How crazy is that? I hope you've all had an excellent bank holiday weekend!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Snow?!

Worst Lecture Ever!