Happy Father's Day!

This year in the UK Father's Day was on Sunday 21st, and having recently left my Sunday job, I was able to spend some time with my Papa! I always find my Dad fairly difficult to buy for, so I just went for a few goodies and cooked him a nice meal of all his favourite things!
Goodie wise I got him Interstellar, David Beckham Eau de Toilette and a small bar of Tabasco chocolate. We also went out for a lovely walk in the sunshine, with the rest of my family and dogs, and I even went for a swim in the sea, which was ice cold!!!

 The meal I cooked consisted of 3 courses and some nibbles. It was so much fun just to cook all day because I haven't been able to do that recently due to exams, but now they're over I'm free as a bird!

 These are cheese and walnut triangle biscuits. I always make them at Christmas, but seeing as they're my Dads favourite, I baked them for him just as a one off!

 The starter was crab cakes with blackened salsa and it was a Jamie Oliver recipe. It was fresh, summery and super easy to cook- always a plus when you're doing several courses!

The main course was Roman lamb with dauphinoise potatoes, spinach and purple sprouting broccoli! The recipe I used was from an old family recipe book, but I found a similar recipe here.

 For dessert I made cherry clafoutis and I served it with vanilla ice cream. The recipe I used for this was by Raymond Blanc. It was so simple to make and it was great cold the next day too!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I can't wait to share more cooking/baking with you and hopefully some of my own recipes as well! Let me know what you did for Father's Day this year, I'd love to see if you did some baking of your own!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!