Ugh, Mondays.

I had my first 9am of the semester yesterday, and it hurt. It was legit still dark when I woke up! And I hadn't considered what it'd be like trying to get to uni during rush hour, and was super cramped on a packed bus that took ages to get there! Not the sharpest start to the day from me...

My first lecture was vector calculus and, as usual, I quite enjoyed it. It is getting harder but as long as I stay focused I'm ok. After the lecture we had a seminar, also on vector calculus. We had been given a problem sheet a week ago, and the purpose of the seminar was to iron out any kinks in our work. As you can imagine I have many! I left feeling pretty frustrated with myself, having gotten most of it wrong as I had forgotten one of the key rules of differentiation, and thought that differentiating x gave you zero, not one. What a twat.

After the seminar I rushed home to complete a formative that was due in that afternoon. I had done half of it, so knew it wouldn't take long to finish, but I hate cutting things fine like that! It was quite an interesting piece of work which I enjoyed doing. We had to read a scientific paper on the Madden-Julian Oscillation (a kind of pressure system that moves around the world) and then summarise it in two sentences. Sounds easy right? But it was a lot harder than I thought it would be!

Once I had submitted my work, I then started on organising all of my folders and doing some more maths work. The problems that we are given to solve are a lot harder than the ones we go through in lectures but as long as I concentrate and don't give up immediately then I'm ok. I felt pretty good after a solid 3 hours of maths, it feels great to get stuff done.

Then, I had an early dinner and set to work on writing a weekends worth of blog posts and I finally managed to finish editing my Wales video! Hopefully it'll be up today(Tuesday) and I can't wait for you all to see it!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Finished my degree!