We can't drink piña coladas, and we don't like getting caught in the rain...

Today Tom and I celebrated that we have been together for two years! We planned a lovely day, walking through Central Park before a fancy lunch and then going on to the zoo. However, I think karma kicked in, after I had boasted to my Mumma about what good weather we'd been getting, and Tom and I were caught in the most almighty downpour I think I have ever witnessed. We got completely and utterly drenched and had to take refuge in a toilet cubicle. Not much fun. We had to make a run for it eventually in order to make our reservation at the restaurant.


When we got to the restaurant it had dulled to a drizzle but we were still glad to get inside! The restaurant we had lunch in was called the Loeb Boathouse. Here is a picture of how beautiful it looked yesterday in the sunshine! 


The menu looked amazing! I had Twin Boathouse Burgers and Tom had Game Hen with truffle and asparagus risotto. Both absolutely amazing. We also ordered desserts, which were both wonderful. I had a salted caramel, peanut and popcorn chocolate tart, that I know my Dadda would have died for! Tom had a banana tarte tatin which was also very good! I would definitely recommend the Loeb Boathouse!




After lunch we stuck with our original plans and went to the Central Park zoo. Bit disappointed that it wasn't very similar to the one in Madagascar, no Alex the Lion!! But it was still lovely, my favourites were the sea lions and the snow leopard! 



Tom and I had a wonderful day together, and it's been such an amazing week in New York!! 

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!