Smithsonian museums!

Today was a bit muggy and humid so we decided to visit some of the lovely, air-conditioned Smithsonian museums!!!

After my wonderful breakfast of cold pizza (which I believe is the best way to have pizza) we got the metro into DC, and our first stop was the Air and Space museum, which (as I learnt on the duck tour) is the most visited museum in the world! We went and saw an amazing IMAX movie called 'The Age of Airplanes', which was really interesting and very moving at the end when it said 'perhaps the most important place they can take you is home' and there were scenes of people greeting each other in the airports like in Love Actually. I'd be telling a lie if I told you I didn't shed a tear or two!

After that we had a mediocre cafe lunch in the Smithsonian Castle and then went back to the Air and Space museum to finish looking round the exhibits. My favourite exhibit was 'Exploring the Planets' which was very interesting and I learnt a lot about all the planets that I didn't know!! I also liked the 'Pioneers of Flight' exhibit where there was lots of interesting information about Amelia Earhart.


After finishing at the Museum of Air and Space we crossed the Mall and went to the Museum of Natural History. This was pretty cool but fairly similar to the one in New York. It had a really cool photography exhibit on Iceland, and it was nice to recognise places I'd been!! 

We then went looking for a place for dinner called Canyon burgers in Judicary Square, which we thought was a restaurant, but turned out to be a fast food stall. Tom got a fried chicken burger and I decided I wasn't hungry. Not one of our best foody days! Returned to hotel to chill out. I nearly broke the American coffee machine that I really couldn't figure out how to work, and we have been watching YouTube videos and playing intense games of Ruzzle!! We are looking forward to our 17 hour journey to Chicago tomorrow!! 

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!