Bye bye USA, hello UK!!!!!

On Tuesday 18th July Tom and I began a series of journeys that would take us back home!

Our first flight from San Francisco to Seattle was late afternoon, which meant we could actually sleep in!! After we had woken up and finished packing our bags we went back to the Westfield Mall for breakfast, as Tom was jealous of the crepe I'd had yesterday!!



We then went back to our hotel and waited for our shuttle to the airport! 

When we got to San Francisco airport we were sent on a wild goose chase to find the right place to check in, each person seemed to point us in a different direction!!! We were then put on an earlier flight to Seattle, which was good as we would then have more time to spare before our next flight!!

The airplane taking us to Seattle was tiny and we were there in about 2 hours! There were some amazing views throughout the short journey, we even think we saw Mount St Helens!

When we landed in Seattle we had a lot of time to kill before our next flight to London Heathrow, so did a bit of Duty Free shopping! 

Our flight home took off at 7.05 pm and Tom and I had great seats right at the back of the plane! Soon after take off we were treated to a lovely airplane meal of  chicken with soggy rice, hooray! Then we settled down and tried to watch films. Tom watched several but I kept getting distracted and only watched several halves of films!! 





The flight dragged on for what felt like ages! We were treated to another plane meal just before landing, how exciting! 


After 10 hours in the air we finally landed at London Heathrow 1 pm local time!! I was so excited to see my family again, I actually felt a little nervous!! We collected our luggage and went through border control to the arrivals lounge, where all my family were waiting, including my brother, who was looking fabulous dressed as Santa with a handmade sign!! It was a very emotional reunion, it was just so lovely to see them all again!


After 3-4 hours drive we dropped Tom off at his and then headed back to my house. I was greeted by two very excited dogs who appeared to have missed me very much!! 

It is so lovely to be back home, travelling was amazing and the experiences we've had are unforgettable, but it also reminded me of how lucky I am to live where I do and have such a wonderful collection of family, friends and pets!!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!