Introduction to Ocean Circulation & Maths and Meeting YouTube Viewers!

Yesterday was the second day back on my course, and we had two introductory lectures, one for the Ocean Circulation module and one for Maths. First up was Ocean Circulation which I really enjoyed. Having done a bit of oceanography before, at school and in first year, I felt kind of at home with it all and like I really understood, which is always a welcome feeling! Again, I am lucky to have really good lecturers for this module, both of whom I know already and I get on well with.

My second lecture of the day was Maths for Scientists B, which does what it says on the tin and basically covers the type of maths you will need to know in a course based on Environmental Science. Meteorology in particular requires a lot of mathematical knowledge so Maths for Scientists B and C are compulsory modules in my course. Last year we did Maths for Scientists A and I have to be honest, I found it really difficult. However, I've had extra maths tuition over the summer which REALLY helped me out, and I feel like I've found the learning/revision methods that work best for me. Fingers crossed I'll find the maths easier this year! The module itself does sound quite interesting, its all about Vector Calculus this semester and the overview seemed pretty achievable. I'm probably just being naïve but I'm feeling very positive and excited about the whole thing!

I only had those two lectures yesterday which was nice, so once they'd finished I headed over to the Sports Fair. On my way over the best thing happened!! Two girls came up to me and told me that they'd watched all my YouTube videos on starting uni and uni life and that they'd really liked them! It was so sweet of them to come over and introduce themselves and it honestly made my day! They were both so lovely and it made me so happy that my videos had actually been helpful to someone! It kind of reminded me why I spend so much time making videos and what its all about for me.

At the sports fair I found out about UEA Snow which is the ski/snowboard society. It all sounds pretty sick and I know it'd be a real laugh but the membership is a lot of money so I'm not sure what to do yet. On top of all the societies I mentioned joining yesterday it feels like I'm trying to cram too much in! Maybe I need to take a step back and think about how much free time I'm gonna have this year.

After the sports fair I went back home and tried to do some odd jobs and editing. My brain is all over the place at the moment with all the new modules and societies, not to mention going out most nights and staying up late just chatting with the girls. Feels like I'm going at 1000 miles an hour!! I can't wait for the weekend so I can just try and chill for a bit. It's also been a struggle to keep up with YouTube/blogging/social media, as we have NO WIFI at our house at the moment. Can you imagine what thats been like for a YouTube addict like me?? ;) However our wifi hub is being delivered today and set up tomorrow morning, so this is the last full day without wifi, HOORAY!!

Last night we played with some sparklers and then we all went out to Spoons in Norwich and just had some drinks. Becky, Abi and I shared pitchers and not gonna lie I had a bit of a headache this morning. To be honest I thought I'd be feeling much worse!! My house is full of such lovely girls and we are getting on so well. After last year I can't believe my luck!



Anyway, I'm enjoying getting back in to writing these blog posts. I think it helps me organise my thoughts a bit and I'm finding it very relaxing! Thanks for reading if you made it this far, and I hope you have a lovely day!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!