First Day of Second Year

Today was my first day of my second year at UEA studying Meteorology and Oceanography and I was so nervous this morning! I've always worried that I'm not really clever enough to be on my course so I've been nervous that its gonna get even harder this year! My first lecture was an introduction to the Meteorology 1 module and I actually really enjoyed it. The lecturer was really good and the whole thing just made me so excited to start learning about meteorology, as I didn't get to learn much about it last year so have been looking forward to it for so long! We basically went through what the course was gonna cover and then the lecturer told us about his own research project which sounded so interesting. I can't wait until I start my own research projects and do proper work out in the field, it just sounds so exciting!

It was so lovely to see my course friends as well, I'd missed them so much over summer and it was so nice to catch up. They're all such lovely people and being on the same course we have a lot in common. We all had a lab together in the afternoon which I also really enjoyed. It was a bit like show and tell where we just looked at lots of meteorological instruments and learnt about how they worked, I can't wait to use them for our field course in the Spring.

After the lab session we all headed to the societies fair which was pretty cool. I didn't actually manage to go last year as I was super busy with freshers (and a little bit hungover) so I felt like I was getting my share of the freshers experience this time round!! I didn't join any good societies last year so I feel like I've got another chance this year! I'm thinking of joining UEA:TV and Carbon Crew. I feel like these will give me valuable experience in fields that will actually be useful for my career but I also think I'll genuinely enjoy them as well. UEA:TV seems really awesome, they all make YouTube videos and teach us about editing and camera equipment which I'm super interested in. Carbon crew sounds cute too, they we're telling us about going on a kayaking litter pick on the UEA lake which sounded really fun.

We also met a guy who was representing a charity called Climb for Clean Water. Its basically a fundraising challenge where you raise loads of money for charity by climbing Kilimanjaro. Sounds awesome right?? Not only do I think it'd be an amazing experience but it'd also look great on a CV which is always a plus!! I told my housemates when I got back and my lovely friend Rosie is going to do it with me, which will be wonderful. I feel a bit daunted by setting myself this kind of challenge, but super excited as well!!

My other two housemates, Becky and Abi, are also convincing me to join the cocktail society, and I was pretty much sold when they told me that all you pay is £3 then you get free drinks all year! Sounds like a dream.

It's so nice to be back at uni. I'm having such a wonderful time being back already! My course is really exciting and I think I'm going to really enjoy it this year, and I'm also living with some of the loveliest people in the world, and I couldn't be more thankful for them!

I have always had such good intentions with this blog but somehow it never works out the way I plan! I was super busy over summer with my job (I know... excuses, excuses) and I really have missed writing. I'm going to try and keep this going because its always easier once you've started, but we all know what I'm like, so you might hear from me tomorrow, next week or in several months. You never know. Anyway, thanks for reading if you made it this far! It's been strange getting back in to writing so I hope this hasn't been too painful to read! Until next time guys!

Zoë x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!