Hungover Weekend in Leicester

On Saturday Tom and I woke up at around 2pm feeling slightly worse for wear... No matter how much I drink I always get super hungover, and today was no different!! Tom was an angel and got up and made me breakfast in bed! A bacon sandwich and coffee, it was lovely! Bacon does always make me feel better... We stayed in bed for a while watching Chalet Girl and Grand Designs which was fun. I'm really loving the new series of Grand Designs and Chalet Girl is just such a classic!

We also went for a lovely walk in the afternoon along the canal in Leicester. It was a lovely crisp autumnal day and it cleared our heads a bit!


At around 7ish we headed out for a dinner reservation, and sadly I was still feeling a bit rough!! We had booked a table at Crafty Burger in St. Martins, which is something we'd wanted to go to for ages!! St. Martins Cafe has such a lovely vibe, its full of fairy lights, cool lampshades and other indie looking things! For our meal, I had the El Rojo Burger, which had bacon, chorizo jam and aioli, It was really good, apart from the aioli, which was really overpowering. I also had some 'Cheeky Fries' which were covered in pulled beef, cheese, mustard and spring onions, which were so good, if a bit spring oniony. Tom had a 'Krispy Klucker' which was a chicken burger breaded in Rice Krispies! He said it was really nice, and he also loved his 'Gringo Fries' which were covered in Pulled pork, BBQ sauce and pineapple! I'm not gonna lie, I had major food envy..




After dinner we headed home where we went to bed pretty early!!

We woke up fairly late on Sunday, and Tom brought me breakfast in bed again! Aren't I lucky??! I had croissants with Nutella and Bananas which was so good. After breakfast we headed out into the city centre to do some shopping. Leicester has a really good shopping centre called Highcross, and I managed to get several birthday gifts and Christmas presents!

Once we'd done a bit of shopping we headed to Nandos. I had a chicken wrap and sweet potato wedges, accompanied by LOTS of hot sauce, and Tom had chicken thighs with chips n macho peas!


After our Nandos we headed back to Toms and curled up in bed watching Homes by the Sea and more Grand Designs. The Homes by the Sea was the Suffolk edition which was such a good watch! We got to see inside all of our favourite houses that we've known since we were little, like the House in the Clouds in Thorpeness!

Later on, I painted Tom's friends, Maisie and Amy's nails for Halloween. I did spider webs for Maisie and Icicles for Amy who was going as an Ice Queen. They're such lovely girls it was nice to have a chat with them!

Once we'd finished nails, Tom and I headed to bed, dreading the early morning to catch my train on the Monday! Thanks for the fantastic weekend Tom, I love you long time!!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Green Screen Laughs, Mum & Dad's Silver Anniversary & Jim Bacon's Retirement!