Trying China Glaze

I've been into nail art and nail polish for almost 5 years now and I have never tried a China Glaze nail polish, although I have always wanted to! They are pretty difficult for me to get hold of in the UK and when I have seen them they were too expensive. However, my lovely flatmate Tasha, who is from Vancouver, brought these beauties back from Canada for me, and I was so excited to try them out!!


On the left is their First & Last Combination Base Coat/Top Coat and on the right is a metallic silvery brown nail polish in the shade Wood You Wanna? (Bonus points for a great name!).

When painting my nails, I used the First & Last as my basecoat, followed by two coats of Wood You Wanna? and topped them off with another coat of First & Last. The First & Last went on beautifully as a basecoat, it has a nice consistency and dried pretty quickly, so I really love it. The nail polish itself is beautiful and easy to apply too! The colour is an incredible silvery gold bronzey colour which looks different shades in different lighting, which I love. Under some lights it even looked a little pink, which was awesome! It matches a metallic bronze dress I have perfectly, and I can't wait to wear them together! 


Although I always use two coats of nail polish, this one has such good coverage that you could definitely get away with just one coat, which is handy if you're in a rush. To finish the look I applied a final coat of First & Last to protect my nails. This made them look really lovely and shiny but took a while to dry, so you have to be patient! I accidentally fell asleep while they were still wet and crinkled the nails on my right hand :(

All in all, I think these nail polishes are awesome! The First & Last makes an excellent basecoat, and I absolutely love Wood You Wanna, its such a unique shade! Thanks so much to the lovely Tasha who got these for me, she is one of the nicest people I have met at uni!

Thanks for reading this post I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if there are any other China Glaze polishes you think I should try and I'll see if I can find a place to get them in the UK!

Zoë x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DC duck tour!!

Ditsy Daisy Nails!

Worst Lecture Ever!